6/25/2015

Yakiudon: Sauteed Noodles with Okonomi Sauce


When I want to kill a lot of veggies before they go bad, sauteed veggies (Stir fry) can be one of the options.

If you saute boiled noodles with those veggies, it will be yakiudon♪

How you season yakiudon varies.
Some people like it with soy sauce based flavor, while others prefer Worcestershire sauce.
Also, there are a flavor with miso and simply salted one.

My style here is done with Otafuku okonomi sauce which is often used for my hometown Hiroshima's soul food okonomiyaki.
This is a little sweeter than other sauce, so I like sprinkling some dried chili pepper blend called shichimi which is sold as "nanami" in the United States.  

For today's yakiudon, I killed some mushrooms, a carrot and a leftover green pepper♪


I'm in the "Blog Mura Ranking."
Check out other English blogs by Japanese bloggers
from here! ↓
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ
にほんブログ村

No comments:

Post a Comment